THIS SITE IS A FORT MEADE CHAMBER INITIATIVE
GOT SOMETHING TO PUT ON CALENDAR?
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Fort Meade Chamber Facebook page.
FORT MEADE LIFESTYLES CALENDAR !!
* The Fort Meade Ministorial Alliance will be hosting a Prayer Breakfast Honoring the "National Day of Prayer" on Thursday, May 7th. The day will begin at 7:00am with a prayer breakfast held at the Fort Meade Community Center. FREE to all who attend. You will be provided entertainment by the Fort Meade Senior High School Chorus. For more information please call the Peaceful Believers Church at 863-285-7350
RECURRING FORT MEADE CALENDAR
CITY COMMISSION MEETING 2nd Tuesday monthly, 7 pm at City Hall in Commission Chambers.
FORT MEADE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL, Called as needed. 10 a.m., City Mobile Home Park. Small business owners are encouraged to be involved.
FORT MEADE CHAMBER'S 3rd WEDNESDAY LUNCHEON catered lunch served at 11:45 a.m. with Business and Community Program beginning at noon. Adjourn at 1 p.m. $10 at door.
FORT MEADE GARDEN CLUB 4th Wednesday monthly, 9:30 a.m. at Presbyterian Church (September - May)
CAREERSOURCE POLK, 4th Thursday of month (not on holidays) 9 a.m. - 4, Career Bus, corner of S Charleston and W Broadway - let them help you find a job. (Name changed from PolkWorks.)
FREE COMMUNITY DINNER! 4th Tuesday of monthly at First United Methodist Church, served from 5pm to 7pm. Everyone is Welcome!!
SCHOOL WEB SITES ... CALENDAR: ACADEMIC TESTING, EARLY RELEASE, SPORTS, SCHOOL.
COPY & PASTE WEB SITE ADDRESSES - (Control C & Control V)
LEWIS ANNA WOODBURY ELEMENTARYCALENDAR: http://www.lawallstarlions.com/calendar.htm
FORT MEADE MIDDLE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL CALENDAR: http://schools.polk-fl.net/fmmshs/calendar.htm
FORT MEADE ACADEMCY CALENDAR: http://fortmeadeacademy.com/index_1.html
SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING AROUND POLK! COPY/PASTE WEB SITE (Control C & Control V):http://visitcentralflorida1-px.rtrk.com/things-to-do/
* LEWIS ANNA WOODBURY READING PAL Call 285-1150 for information on becoming a Kindergartener's Best Friend! Read to a child struggling to learn to read. You just may be the only person who reads to that child. Will need to become an approved Polk County School Board voluhteer.
* FORT MEADE HISTORICAL SOCIETY MUSEUM This is one of Fort Meade's jewels and needs to be open more. That can only happen if more volunteers come forward. Times are flexible and the "Museum Bunch" is great to work with; plus, you meet the nicest visitors wanting to know more about Fort Meade.
* FORT MEADE CHAMBER AMBASSADOR Pick an available morning or afternoon, an hour or two, great help answering phone and greeting visitors. Very appreciated!
* HELP OF FORT MEADE THRIFT STORE This is a service that truly pays forward for the people of Fort Meade. Volunteers sort donated items, help customers, and keep things tidy. See Store Manager Linda Gargus for more details
* BOOKS! BOOKS! BOOKS! New or gently used books are needed to give to Lewis Anna Woodbury students on their birthdays. It's hard to believe but many of our young students do not own a book. Just take your book donations to either campus.